Lavender Week- Day One: Lavender Hot Chocolate with Homemade Whipped Cream
In case you missed the memo- this week, on A Rented Kitchen, is Lavender Week! Yay!
Maybe it’s the fact that I am forever looking forward to spring. Or maybe it’s the fact that I just love trying new things, and edible flowers are definitely on the top of that list! Whatever the reason or combination of reasons is, I invite you to join me for a week of lavender recipes!
It’s going to be so fun and so scrumptious!
Yesterday’s lavender recipe brought you Lavender Hot Chocolate with Homemade Whipped Cream. It might have been the most delicious hot chocolate I have ever made, and I have made a lot!
Today, I wanted to try something slightly healthier. Most of the time when I think of lavender recipes I think of lavender scones, tea cookies, ice cream, etc. I have had very little experience with lavender outside of the dessert world. Thus, this recipe was my first aim at a non-dessert lavender recipe, and let me tell you, it was good enough you will feel like it’s dessert! In this case, you have my permission to lick your plate clean. 🙂
Happy cooking, and make sure you check back tomorrow for another delicious lavender recipe headed your way!
XO A Rented Kitchen
- 2 lb. baby Yukon Gold, fingerling, or tricolor potatoes, scrubbed
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons dried lavender
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Arrange the potatoes on the baking sheet and toss with oil, salt, and pepper; then bake for 35 minutes, tossing occasionally, until browned and tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a small saucepan until melted. Stir in the lavender and cook until fragrant, for about one minute.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, drizzle with the lavender potatoes, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Notes and Tips!:
- Source: Saveur http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Roasted-Potato-With-Lavender
- Vegan? Try vegan butter!
- Like this recipe? Try these other delicious dishes from ‘A Rented Kitchen’! (Recipe links found below):
- Sweet Potato and Smoked Gouda Grits
- Garlic Hassleback Potatoes
- Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Spinach and Cranberries