All right you all, I have got a treat for you today! I made these delicious cookies over the summer while on vacation and have been waiting all this time to share them with you all. I wanted to post this recipe close to Halloween because there seems like no better time to make Butterfinger cookies than that one time of year where each house in American is overflowing with candy bars! Filled with crunchy rice Krispy treats and actual Butterfinger pieces, these cookies are sure to be a hit with your family and friends! So happy baking, and happy Halloween!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 ¼ cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped Butterfinger candy bars
- Preheat the oven to 375˚ F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a light layer of nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
- Using a hand beater or a mixer, blend together the butter and sugars in a separate bowl. Beat for two minutes, or until smooth and creamy.
- On low, slowly add the eggs and vanilla to the butter mix. Continue beating until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg and butter mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, oats, and Butterfinger chunks. (Be careful not to over mix! You don’t want to crush the cereal!)
- Arrange the dough into balls on the baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are only slightly browned.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a cooling rack for a few minutes, then enjoy!
Notes and Tips!:
- Source: ‘Two Peas & Their Pod’ food blog
- If you like this recipe, try these Rolo Crinkle Cookies and Apple Spice Cookies with Cardamon Cinnamon Frosting! They’re perfect for fall!