I don’t know about you all, but here in Virginia, Richmond is flirting with spring. Whenever the weather starts to warm up and the sun comes back out, I start craving those fun and refreshing flavors of summer.
I generally try to shop in season, to help ensure a variety in my diet and to help protect the Earth. As a result, I should have restrained from purchasing limes or these fresh summer herbs at the moment; however, we all have moments of weakness! With spring just around the corner, I broke and had a great time pulling together this scrumptious and refreshing hummus spread. Try it with raw vegetables, pita chips and pretzels, or as a spread on your sandwich or savory bagel!
Love, a rented kitchen
- 2- 16 ounce cans of white beans
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon dried cilantro leaves (or a handful of fresh leaves!)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine the first three ingredients in a large food processor, and blend until the white beans are a smooth consistency. (You may need to stop and wipe the side of your food processor with a spatula!)
- Add the spices and herbs to the beans and process until completely mixed in.
- Serve with vegetables, carrots, on sandwiches, or on a savory bagel!
Notes and Tips!:
- Source: A Rented Kitchen
- If you like this recipe, try this other yummy dips from ‘A Rented Kitchen’! (Recipe links below):