Listen to me when I tell you, this recipe is the most simple vegetable you could ever prepare, and is truly the most delicious corn you will ever eat. Read the ingredients, bake it yourself, and try to prove me wrong!
Baking the corn in the husk traps steam in the husk and cooks the corn, all while keeping the flavor inside. If you boil corn, as is customary, some of the rich corn flavor will be lost in the water. If you grill the corn, some of that delicious corn flavor is masked by the charcoal/grill taste. However, corn baked in the husk is so rich that you won’t need butter or salt to amp up the flavor. It’s naturally fantastic!
Think I’m trying to sell you on something? I am. This recipe is too easy and wonderful to pass up. Even people who think they can’t cook can win this one! Give it a try. Celebrate the fourth with some fresh cooked corn. Enjoy your family. Don’t spend time working in the kitchen. Life’s too short.
- Ears of corn (as many as you like!)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Place the corn in the oven, directly on the rack.
- Bake for 30 minutes. The corn should be slightly tender and the husks a golden crispy brown.
Notes and Tips!:
- Worried about the fibers around the corn? Don’t be! When you first pull back the husk, grab a hold of the fibers and tug. They should be soft enough to come out, almost entirely in one pull. Eat up!
- Fun trick for cookouts and kids! Pull back the husk and use it like a handle! Eat your corn while on the go or running around with your family. Nothing better than that!
- If you like this recipe, check out these other scrumptious vegetables from ‘a rented kitchen’!