I think one of my favorite things to cook ever is snacks. I love snacks! I love having something quick, already prepared, and healthy to munch on as I go through the course of my day. I have made a couple different granola bars as a result of this snack loving, but today I am bringing you something new, different, and entirely glorious. These little no-bake energy bites are not only super easy to prepare, but they’re versatile, healthy, and so yummy! This ingredient combination is my favorite way to make these energy bites, but feel free to adjust the recipe as you please. If you are allergic to something or prefer to use a different ingredient, go for it! The biggest thing to pay attention to is consistency- if you feel the mix gets too dry, add more peanut butter or honey. If the mix is too moist or runny, add more oats or rice cereal. Whatever way you choose to do it, I’m confident you cannot mess these little guys up. They’re too good! Perfect for a lazy Sunday afternoon. 🙂
- 1 cup dry oatmeal
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- ½ cup ground flaxseed (or wheat germ)
- ½ cup chocolate chips (I used a variety of dark, semi-sweet, and butterscotch just for fun!)
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Rice Krispy Cereal
- 1/3 cup honey
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix completely (you may have to really work it!).
- Allow to chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator (not necessary, but helps in forming the balls).
- Roll the dough into balls, whatever size you like, and store in an airtight refrigerated container.
Notes and Tips!:
- Adapted from ‘Gimme Some Oven’ food blog
- Yield: 20-25 balls
- Tip: do not substitute agave in for all of the honey, the other ingredients need the consistency of honey to help hold together.
- Potential additional add-ins: chopped dried fruit (dates, apricots, etc), chopped nuts, other grains, or dried berries (cherries, cranberries, etc).
- If you like this recipe you also should check out Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars and my Homemade Clif Bars!