This time last year: Stuffed Breakfast Tomatoes (2013)
This time of year, it seems as if every other week I have a potluck or a picnic to go to (because who wants to do school work when it’s so nice outside?!). I have absolutely zero complaints about this potluck schedule; however, casual group gatherings do involve some strategy regarding what dish to bring. Ie: something that might not need heating or isn’t too messy to enjoy while sitting on a picnic blanket. Choices, choices!
This recipe is one of those ideal dishes for a potluck or picnic. I introduce you to this scrumptious Strawberry Balsamic Caprese Pasta Salad! (you’re welcome).
This pasta salad is so easy to make. It only takes ten minutes, five ingredients, and two bowls max. In addition to preparation ease, this dish is also a win in flavor! This pasta salad is beautifully rich and light, with the beautiful smell of the fresh basil, sweet taste of the strawberries, and the delicious flavor of the balsamic glaze.
You can’t go wrong here folks!
Enjoy this pasta salad, and come back and see me!
Happy picnic season 🙂
- 1 pound dry pasta
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 ball mozzarella, diced
- ½ cup fresh basil, rinsed, dried, and roughly torn
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic glaze
- In a large pot, cook the pasta according to packaging instructions.
- Once soft, remove the pasta from the heat, drain, and immediately rinse with cold water to stop the pasta from cooking any further.
- Transfer the pasta back to a serving bowl and toss with the strawberries, mozzarella, and basil.
- Drizzle the pasta with half of the balsamic glaze, and stir to incorporate. Once incorporated, drizzle the remaining half of the balsamic glaze over the top of the pasta, serve, and enjoy!
Notes and Tips!:
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Source: Gimme Some Oven
- Gluten Free? Use gluten free pasta!
- Like this recipe? Try these other delicious dishes form A Rented Kitchen (Recipe links found below!):
- Parmesan Pesto Pasta with Roasted Balsamic Cherry Tomatoes
- Strawberry and Goat Cheese Quesadillas with Mint and Caramelized Onion
- Balsamic Mushroom and Fruit Summer Salad