This time last year: Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate (2013)
I made a good friend recently- a new friend, one of those people that everyone is drawn to.
She laughs a lot, and I am so very lucky to have her around.
This new friend of mine is gentle and sweet in many ways- however she is also strong.
Thus, this sweet and salty lady is the one responsible for this drink.
The first time we went out in downtown Decatur together, I ordered my standard- something with whiskey, or orange bitters, mint, or lemon. Scratch that. I don’t really have a “standard,” just a lot of flavors I like.
However, one of the things I loved about this new friend of mine, is that she did have a regular drink. This sweet, giggly lady stepped up to the bar and ordered a gin and tonic like she’d been doing it for 80 years. Go ahead girl.
Thus, when I started looking for fun holiday drinks that could make for a festive holiday happy hour or a bubbly new years toast, I knew I had to include a gin special.
This is for my new friend. Cheers to all of yours!
- 3 one-inch sprigs of fresh Rosemary
- 1 small lemon (+ a few slices for garnish!}
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/2 oz gin
- 3 oz. Ginger ale
- In a small glass, muddle the rosemary, juice from 1/2 a lemon, and honey.
- Fill the glass with ice, and then add the gin and ginger ale. Taste the drink, and decide whether or not you would like to add additional lemon juice. (I like the citrus tang, but take warning- it can be strong!)
- Stir the drink, and add a sprig of rosemary and a lemon slice for garnish.
- Sip and enjoy!
- Adapted from: Cooke + Kate
- Make sure you don’t miss the four other drinks posted this week, for this “6 holiday drinks that aren’t eggnog” special!