Hello readers! Welcome to day 3 of ‘One week of summer treats to beat the heat!’ In honor of this week long series, I’ve got another yummy frozen treat for you! It’s similar in premise to yesterdays post, both involving frozen fruit, however the two posts are very different in taste. Today’s recipe is for frozen vanilla-yogurt covered blueberries. The prep time for this is less than 10 minutes and can provide a delicious cool snack for several days. It also is an extremly healthy choice, consisting of only two low-fat and low calorie ingredients. So bust out your favorite yogurt, get the kabob sticks, and beat some of that heat!
- 2 cups Fat-Free Vanilla Yogurt
- 10 Kabob sticks
- Several dozen blueberries (I used about 120 and made 12 kabobs with 10 on each)
- If using long kabob sticks, cut each stick in half using a pair of sharp scissors.
- Rinse the blueberries and slide between eight and 12 blueberries onto each kabob stick.
- Scoop 2/3 cup of vanilla yogurt onto a shallow plate.
- Holding the ends of the kabobs, gently roll the blueberries in the vanilla yogurt.
- Repeat step four, adding another 1/3 cup of yogurt as necessary until all of the kabob sticks have been covered in yogurt.
- Quickly place the kabob sticks on a sheet of parchment paper in either a piece of Tupperware or on a baking sheet. Freeze and enjoy later.
Notes and Tips!:
- Once the first layer of yogurt is frozen, feel free to roll the kabobs in a second layer! This will ensure a thick layer of creamy yogurt around each berry. You really only need to do this if during the freezing process a lot of yogurt falls off the kabobs Or if you want to create a richer more substantial snack!
- If rolling the kabobs a second time in yogurt, feel free to get creative with it! You could roll the kabobs in a different flavor of yogurt the second time to mix things up! For example: vanilla on bottom, chocolate on top; or lemon on bottom and cocount on top.
- This post was inspired by “One Good Thing by Jilee“