This time last year: Ginger Hot Chocolate (2013)
Well friends, it is day two of this mini-series: 6 Drink Recipes That Aren’t Eggnog.
I’m pretty excited about it, so I hope you are too!
Yesterday was day one of the series, opening with my favorite Cranberry and Whiskey Cocktail! It is an incredibly simple drink to make, but your guests won’t know that!
Today, I am bringing you yet another mix drink (I promise the whole week will not be alcohol related).
Day Two brings you my new favorite mimosa recipe!
If you love mimosas you will love this! This drink is almost identical to the classic mimosa recipe, however with an added one ounce of whipping cream. That tiny ounce of whipping cream, although small in proportion, goes a long way, making the entire beverage creamier and richer.
Who knew that one ounce of whipping cream could turn this basic mimosa into the most delicious, alcoholic creamsicle, ever?
Planning a New Years Day brunch? Have a new years goal of spending more time with your friends? Add this recipe to your list, have the group over, and enjoy!
Cheers to you, and to the New Year, and come back tomorrow for another beverage that isn’t eggnog!
xo A Rented Kitchen
- 18 oz. champagne
- 18 oz. orange juice, no pulp
- 1 oz. whipping cream (1/8 cup)
- Ice cubes
- Pour the champagne, orange juice and cream into a large blender.
- Add enough ice cubes to raise the liquid to 46 oz. (This should not take many!)
- Blend until the ice is thoroughly crushed and the mixture is frothy. (If you add any sugar, you will need to blend a little longer, until the sugar is dissolved).
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Source: Gluten Free Recipe Box
- Not sure about champagne? Feel free to add 2 Tablespoons of sugar to the blender to sweeten this drink up a little! I did not use it, but follow your taste buds!
- Like this recipe? Try these other delicious drinks from A Rented Kitchen (recipe links found below photos!):