Well, this is the final post in my holiday hot chocolate series. I am not going to lie, I’ve kind of gotten used to my daily afternoon dose of homemade hot chocolate. I have had so much fun making these delicious recipes- each time serving up just enough for each member of my family that was home at the time.
Something about a warm drink in the winter exudes a sense of comfort and safety. You can wrap your fingers around that mug and feel some of the day’s stresses slip away.
I’m a firm believer in chasing what brings you joy, in slowing down for the little things that matter, and in taking at least a minute for yourself. I hope these recipes give you a sense of enjoyment, a chance to try something new, and a little bit of that comfort and safety that we all long for- especially around the holidays.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, from my rented kitchen to yours!
Also, don’t miss the other hot chocolate flavors of the week- links found below!
‘Tis The Season’: Hot Chocolate Series Review:
Day One: Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
Day Two: Ginger Hot Chocolate
Day Three: Coconut Hot Chocolate
Day Four: Mexican Hot Chocolate
- 2 Cups milk
- 1 ½ Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 6 Caramel Hershey Kisses
- Optional topping: Whipped Cream, caramel syrup, sea salt, marshmallows
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Once warm, whisk in the sugar, cocoa powder and salt until completely blended.
- Finally, stir in the Hershey kisses just until melted, and remove from heat.
- Suggested topping: Whipped cream with a caramel drizzle and a dash of sea salt! An alternate to this would be to drizzle caramel sauce along the inside walls of your mug before pouring in the cocoa! Have fun with it.
Notes and Tips!:
- Source: A Rented kitchen
- Don’t miss the other delicious hot chocolate recipes, posted above!