This time last year: Marinated and Roasted Eggplant with Smoked Almonds & Goat Cheese (2013)
It is hard to believe summer is coming to a close! This happens to me every year. One day I’m perusing my cook books- picking out recipes that are in season with the summer heat, and the next second it’s fall and I’ve still got strawberry and watermelon recipes to post! Woops.
This recipe, a delicious variation on the classic tomato and mozzarella caprese salad, is a perfect summer side dish. The fact that it is served room temperature or chilled makes it ideal for that summer heat, and the addition of strawberries and walnuts makes it a creative crowd pleaser!
It may not be quite time for pumpkin and cider, but time is flying before our eyes. So, while the nights are still long, give this dish a try, in honor of summer. I promise you will not regret it.
Come back soon!
xo A Rented Kitchen
- 2 cups rinsed, sliced strawberries
- 1 bunch chopped basil
- 1 cup bocconcini (mozzarella balls)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Combine the strawberries, basil, mozzarella, and walnuts in a bowl. Toss gently.
- In a separate dish or jar, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and sea salt to taste.
- Drizzle the strawberry salad with the dressing and serve!
Notes and Tips!:
- Source: Edible San Fransisco
- Store chilled
- Like this recipe? Try these other scrumptious and healthy dishes from A Rented Kitchen! (Recipe links found below:)