Well, it’s not quite summer, but a girl can dream, right? For those of you reading from cold places, I’m sorry. You should try moving to Atlanta. Winter here is lovely!
However, regardless of whether you are reading from cold weather or hot weather, and regardless of whether what you really need is hot cocoa or lemonade, this drink is delicious, and incredibly refreshing, and you should try it!
Maybe, just maybe, if we start sipping on homemade lemonade, the sun will want to linger a little longer. Fingers crossed!
Day Two- Roasted Yukon Potatoes with Lavender
Day Three- Lemon Lavender Loaf
- 2 cups sugar (or less, depending on how tart you like your lemonade!)
- Juice from 8- 10 lemons
- 6- 7 cups water
- 3-4 lavender buds
- 1 Lemon- sliced
- Red/blue food coloring (if desired for purple coloring)
- Bring 2 cups of water and 2 cups of sugar to boil in a small saucepan. Stir until the sugar dissolves, and then add 3-4 organic lavender buds. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, juice the lemons.
- Strain the lavender from the simple sugar. Combine the lemon juice, simple sugar, and 4-5 cups of cold water into a pitcher. Stir.
- Garnish with fresh slices of lemon and a drop of blue and red food coloring if desired.
Notes and Tips!:
- Adapted from: Centsational Girl
- Like this recipe? Try these other refreshing beverages from A Rented Kitchen! (Links found below):