This time last year: Vegan Sweet Potato Quinoa Chili with Homemade Tortilla Chips (2012)
Leonardo Da Vinci said that “simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” I think this recipe can attest to that.
With only five ingredients, probably 75% of which you already have in your kitchen, you will be amazed at how delicious such a simple recipe is. And if you’re like me, you’re likely to be amazed that this incredible and delicious possibility has been living in your kitchen all along and you are just now discovering it! Sneaky recipe!
The flavor combination is simple. You’ve had it before. However, as Di Vinci said, there is something about simplicity that can be so beautiful, so delicious, and so right; so give it a try!
In addition to being 100% delicious, this recipe is not going to break the bank, take up too much of your time, and can keep for several days in the fridge! Win-win-win.
SO, what are you waiting for? Get cooking! Something simply delicious is waiting.
- 8 ounces of mozzarella balls (I used Bel Giosio Mozzarella balls!)
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil + more for the pan
- Salt and/or garlic powder (as desired)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped basil (fresh or from your spice rack!)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F, and brush a baking sheet with a light layer of olive oil.
- Toss the cherry tomatoes with the remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar (add a dash of salt and/or garlic powder if desired!)
- Arrange the tomatoes on the baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes, or until soft, wrinkly, and plump, but not yet popped.
- Once cooked, remove the tomatoes from the heat and allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Then arrange them on skewers, alternating between tomatoes and mozzarella balls. Sprinkle with basil and serve warm!
Notes and Tips!:
- Source: A Rented Kitchen
- Like this recipe? Try these other delicious dishes from A Rented Kitchen!