This time last year: Pumpkin Hot Chocolate (2013)
Well, Christmas has passed, but this holiday season is far from over- at least that’s the case in my house. Why let such a good thing end so soon?!
In celebration of the 12 days of Christmas, and a continued season of festivities, I am going to bring you six drink options for this holiday season that are NOT eggnog- starting today!
I will admit, I really don’t have anything against eggnog. Eggnog and I don’t go way back, but I don’t hate it.
However, I like getting a little more creative with my cooking choices than eggnog. It just makes life more fun! Thus, this week, from Christmas to New Years, I am going to bring you a handful of new drink recipes that you can use for a variety of occasions- from happy hour to early morning coffee.
Cheers to you!
And cheers to the holiday!
- 1 oz. Crown Royal Whiskey
- 1 oz. Ginger ale
- 1 oz. Cranberry Juice
- Fresh Cranberries and ice for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour the liquids into the shaker and mix (shake or stir to your desire).
- Strain the liquids into a glass full with fresh ice.
- Garnish with cranberries and enjoy!
- Yield: 1 drink
- Source: Your Southern Peach
- Like this recipe? Try these other beverages from A Rented kitchen (Recipe links below photos!):