So this dish is delicious. Seriously and dangerously delicious.
I know I say that about a lot of things, which I hold to be true, but THIS! This is good.
There is something really special about this dish. The pairing of the zesty lemon juice with the fragrant herb, and the sweet savory mascarpone cheese- yes please. I promise you will love it.
One additional pro, (I could go on, but I will spare you!), is that this dish is very simple to prepare, but is very elegant in presentation and appearance. Bookmark this one for the next time you have company, and come back tomorrow for one more lavender recipe!
Day Two- Roasted Yukon Potatoes with Lavender
Day Three- Lemon Lavender Loaf
- ½ Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 large, ripe pears, halved
- ¼ cup local honey
- 2 sprigs fresh lavender
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons mascarpone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F, and smooth a thin layer of butter on a 7 x 11 inch baking dish.
- Arrange the pears, cut side up, in the baking dish. Drizzle with honey, and then sprinkle the lemon zest and lavender over top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven, and spoon the honey from the dish back over the pears. Bake an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the pears are soft and golden.
- Remove from the oven and top with 1 teaspoon of mascarpone cheese, drizzle the remaining honey in the baking pan, serve warm and enjoy!
Notes and Tips!:
- Adapted from: Health
- Like this recipe? Try these other delicious dishes from A Rented Kitchen! (Recipe links below):