Sometimes, when it’s summer and you have a sweet tooth the size of the Dominican Republic, you just want to eat ice cream all the time.
Then, sometimes, when it’s summer and you eat ice cream all the time, you realize that’s disgusting and start making a lot of salads.
I would like to introduce you to one of my new favorite salads- the beautiful Greek Veggie Salad.
Speaking from experience, I know that it is easy for salads to become mundane or habitual, which does not encourage one to enjoy salads as regularly as one ought to. However, this salad is stunningly colorful, full of flavor, and as fresh as can be. Therefore, give it a try! Put down the ice cream, at least for today, and bring some healthy diversity to the table with this dish.
Happy Summer Eating 🙂
Love, A Rented Kitchen
- Heaping ¼ cup Black olives
- 2 Cups Cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium Cucumber, quartered (do not have to remove the skin)
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Green
- 1 yellow pepper- each cut into bite size pieces
- ¼ Red onion- diced
- 8 ounces crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 Avocado
- 1 teaspoon Fresh dill
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon White rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon White (or dark) balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 2 teaspoon Minced dry garlic
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Rinse the vegetables (to remove any dirt or pesticides).
- Cut all of the vegetables, other than the avocado, into bite size pieces.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and toss with the vegetables in a large bowl.
- Crumble the feta into the vegetables, and top with sliced avocado and chopped fresh dill.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Notes and Tips!:
- Vegan? Omit the cheese, or replace with your desired vegan alternative!
- Like this recipe? Try these other delicious and healthy options from ‘A Rented Kitchen!’ (Recipe links found below):