The school semester has started up yesterday. That means holiday vacation is officially over, kids are back in school, and parents are back at work. Welcome to the grind.
In the midst of a busy schedule it is hard to find time and make time to cook. I am very aware of this, and struggle to find that balance regularly. Fortunately, however, with this easy recipe, you only need 15 minutes! Stir the three ingredients together, drop the sweet and salty clusters onto a baking sheet, refrigerate for 10 minutes, and you have yourself a perfect combination of salty meets sweet that everyone is going to love.
File this recipe away for days when you need to bring something to a potluck, a gathering with friends, or are playing hostess for an event. With this time saver, you’ll be so grateful you did.
Now all you need to decide is what kind of sweet chips you are going to use, and what you are going to do with all that time you saved.
- 1 cup butterscotch chips*
- 2 cups chow Mein noodles
- ½ cup salted peanuts or cashews
- Melt the chips in a double boiler (or in the microwave, starting with 30 seconds, and then stirring every 15 seconds until melted).
- Combine the melted chips with the dry noodles and peanuts, stirring until thoroughly coated.
- Drop the mixture by a spoon onto wax paper covered baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes, or until the chocolate has set.
Notes and Tips!:
- You may use chocolate, butterscotch, white chocolate, peanut butter, caramel chips, or a combination of these! I suggest using ½ cup chocolate chips mixed in with ½ cup butterscotch chips for the perfect balance!
- A fun variation on this recipe is to drop the ball of noodles onto the baking sheet, and then using your thumb, press down the center so that the haystack forms more of a birds nest shape. You may have to use your other fingers or a spoon to help it achieve the ideal shape. Then fill the nest with a few chocolate eggs from Nestle for an excellent spring/ Easter treat!
- Like this recipe? Check out some of my other favorite cookie recipes!: Chocolate Mint Puddle Cookies, Crispy Butterfinger Cookies, and easy and delicious No-Bake Energy Bites!