Day 3 of Five Days of Appetizers for the Holidays!
Day One: Thai Peanut Vegetable Dip
I know that health is often one thought that gets pushed to the back of our minds over the holidays, at least until it’s time for our New Year’s resolutions. With all those cookies and parties around, it can be hard to stick to a healthy diet! However, with recipes like this, you don’t have to sacrifice your health to the holidays. Forget the rich cheeses and dips- this superfood guacamole will provide you with a full dosage of antioxidants and vitamin c for the day and won’t leave you feeling guilty!
With pomegranate in season over the winter, there’s no better time than now to enjoy this delicious guacamole. With only 5 ingredients, four easy steps, and a delicious taste, this is definitely a treat you’ll want to make again and again. Happy Holidays, from my kitchen to yours.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 Tablespoons onion, finely chopped (I used purple onion!)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Seeds from one pomegranate (about 3/4 cup)*
- In a large bowl, mash the two avocados with the back of a large spoon.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the mashed avocado with the onion, fresh cilantro, and lime juice. Stir until well mixed.
- Cut the pomegranate into quarters.
- Over a shallow bowl of water, begin pulling the seeds out of the pomegranate. You do this step over a bowl of water because the seeds will sink to the bottom, while the pulp will float on top. Separate the seeds from the pulp and gently mix the seeds into the guacamole.
- Serve with chips and enjoy!
Notes and Tips!: