Hey readers! It’s the last day of this little summer series, ‘one week of treats to beat the heat.’ I hope the past week of recipes has helped give you some fun ideas for easy and healthy ways to snack in the hottest months of the year. This last recipe is one of my favorite smoothie recipes. It’s perfect for an after work out snack, or a meal in itself. Usually I won’t complain about any variety of smoothie- if it’s fruity and has a straw, I’m gonna think it’s fun and want to drink it. This smoothie, however, is beyond the average smoothie- it’s really delicious. This is one smoothie I continue to find myself thinking about and working into my day-to-day schedule. I hope you all like it as much as I do! One week of treats to beat the heat- over and out.
- ½ cup fresh, rinsed blueberries
- 1 scoop/ heaping spoonful vanilla protein powder (ex: Instant Carnation vanilla shake mix)
- 1 frozen banana
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- Rinse blueberries
- Combine blueberries, almond milk, and vanilla protein powder in the blender and mix well.
- Add the frozen banana and mix in. (You may want to mash it or cut it into smaller pieces to make it blend easier.)
- Blend completely and serve!
- Source: A Rented Kitchen