If you did not already know this about me, it probably would not take you long to figure out, but I am a Big chocolate fan. When I say big I mean chocolate chip Eggo waffles every day of elementary school-big, and a screen name of “Chocolate.lover.218” in middle school-Big. (whaaaat?) Anyways, some how, despite my adoration for chocolate, my first experience with the Rolo was not until last summer! I had a Rolo McFlurry, and from there was hooked. I was ready to put Rolos in everything!
This cookie recipe is the perfect blend of chocolate and caramel all wrapped up in a surprise Rolo center. The caramel makes for a perfect gooey middle encased in delectable chocolate. What more could one ever want?
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Cup softened butter (2 sticks)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 48 Rolo candies (1 bag)
- Powdered sugar for rolling
- Cream butter and sugars with a mixer in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and then vanilla. Mix well.
- Next add dry ingredients: baking soda, cocoa, and flour. Mix.
- Chill dough.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Form balls with Rolo candy enclosed in the middle.
- Roll cookie ball in powdered sugar.
- Bake on a lined or greased baking sheet for 7-10 minutes depending on how small your cookies are. For smaller cookies only bake 7 minutes.
- Store in airtight container. May freeze for a month.
Source: Stella B’s Kitchen